Saturday, May 3, 2008

May3,2008

Tom Kennedy and I, Bill Hay, are in the final preparation stages for sailing my SV GIRI home from Kona, Hawaii.

The GIRI is a 39,9 foot steel cutter rigged 13 ton Folkes sailing vessel. I sailed her solo in the winter of 2004 from Vancouver to San Francisco and then to Hilo Hawaii before going around the island to leave her in Kona dry dock.


Tom and I sailed before taking the Giri down to San Francisco and sailing together off the Mexico coast to Cabot San Lucas on another sailing jaunt.


Tom has his own 37 foot sailboat Naomi. As well, he's a pilot, engineer, and fantastic fiddler. I'm a sailor, doctor, writier and master of 5 chords on the guitar. I'll have my Washburn little guitar with me. Right now I'm uploading tunes and stories to the Creative MP3 for night watch. We've been sorting gear we'll be flying out with as I took some of the portable electronics with me when I left the GIRI to work in Saipan.


4 comments:

detourcy said...

Looks to be a beautiful yot. Best wishes! Can you blog all the way?

Anonymous said...

My understanding is no, but he will have a satellite phone so who knows. Just keep the cost down.

Bungalos Paraiso said...

May the wind be on your back (or wherever it is best to be) and your souls sail gently in the palm of God's hand.

Unknown said...

Hope to see you before you leave, Bill, and have a dinner together! After doing the previous leg of this voyage solo, with Tom onboard this new adventure should be a breeze! All the best to both of you,
John C.